Recovering from website disasters
When disaster strikes, who you gonna call? This guide compiles tips from industry insiders on what to do when your website is attacked or stolen and how to resolve domain name problems.
Text by Sean McManus
Illustrations by The Boy Fitz Hammond
This article is split into four sections. You can read them in turn, or jump straight to the one that addresses your current problems:
- My site has been dropped by search engines
- My host has gone bust
- Someone's snapped up my domain name
- My website has been hacked
- My site has been hit by a denial of service attack
- My website has been ripped off
- There's libel in my forum
- My server has broken
- Related links
Thanks to The Boy Fitz Hammond for permission to use his images here. Visit his site for celebrity caricatures and to commission him to illustrate your project.