Small Business Websites That Work
- Buy 'Small Business Websites That Work'
- Book website homepage
- Read the introduction in full
- Free chapter: Planning your website and creating the content
- Read reviews
- About the author
About the book
The book 'Small Business Websites That Work' will teach you:
- What makes a successful small business website;
- How your website will increase your profits; and
- The most common mistakes to avoid, and myths to disbelieve.
It will empower:
- Creative thinking about using the web to grow your business; and
- A clear understanding between website designers and their clients
Chapter by chapter
Follow the links below for each chapter's subheadings and summary, links and related breaking news.
- Introduction (online in full)
- Getting to know the internet
- Planning your website and creating the content (download this chapter)
- Resourcing your website design
- Naming and hosting your website
- What makes a good website?
- Making money through advertising and affiliate programmes
- Selling from your website
- Offering great customer service online
- Promoting your website
- Keeping your website legal and ethical
- Measuring your website's success
- Glossary (online in full)
- Printable bookmarks
- About the author and publisher
"With so many impenetrable Internet business books around, it's always a
pleasure to come across one that is refreshingly straight-forward, clearly
written, generously illustrated and extremely comprehensive. Like its
subject matter, this book works."
Robert Dwek, Editor, Marketing Week e-volve
"There are many books that cover much of the same ground as Sean McManus', yet this one stands out from others I've read because firstly it's by an English author - often a novelty in this field - but also because it is easy to read, well organised and practical."
"If you are a business looking to expand by using the Internet but are unsure how to make your website a success, Small Business Websites that Work is certainly the book for you... Straightforward and practical, this book provides clear, insightful advice for anyone left confused or disillusioned by the hype that has surrounded the Internet in recent years... This is, in fact, far more than a book about simply getting online. It is also about the ongoing process of developing and marketing your website to drive visitors to it and tackles everything from how to sell products or offer great customer service online, to less obvious issues, such as how to keep your website ethical and legal."
Read more rave reviews of 'Small Business Websites That Work'.