Ticklish dragon: How to use a webcam in Scratch
How to use this Scratch webcam example
- This simple demonstration only works in Scratch 2.0, so go to scratch.mit.edu.
- Connect the webcam before you go into Scratch.
- Add the sprite Dragon. It's in the Fantasy section of the sprite library.
- Add the sound laugh-male1. It's in the Human section of the sounds library.
- Add the blocks as shown above.
- When you click the green flag, you'll see the sprite, with yourself in the background, thanks to the webcam. When you touch the dragon, it changes to its fire breathing costume and laughs.
Feel free to share that image on your social networks, or to use it with your students or Code Club members!