Travel Photography interactive map
Explore my travel photographs with this interactive map. Here's how:
- Click on the map and move the mouse to pan.
- Click on a map pin to see a photo.
- Click on the details tab for more information.
- Where pins are close together (eg, London, Paris, Sydney) use the + zoom control on the left of the map to get close enough to separate the pins
- Select 'map button' (top right of map) to speed it up
- Zoom in where suggested in the details box for a satellite view of these locations
Photos have been optimised for speedy download.
Getting started with Google Maps
I've made the coordinates as accurate as possible - in many cases, they are accurate to the building. Some are only accurate to the city, though. To find the coordinates, I found this world city geocoder and this coordinate geocoder helpful. I also used an atlas that indexed cities by longitude and latitude to point me in the right direction initially, although it had a massive margin of error when I zoomed in.
If you want to get started with Google Maps, the official documentation is good, but I found this tutorial with code examples most useful [link no longer available].