The sentences aren't particularly elegant, so as a follow-up you could consider rewriting them for greater clarity.
To get the answers to this exercise, email me.
The sentences to correct
- Microsoft have been steadily increasing investment in intellectual property, and claim to be making it more widely and cheaply available.
- Joe Bloggs was found guilty of stealing a marrow at Plymouth Magistrate's Court yesterday.
- Alot of shareholders have been selling their stock; because of the chairman's resignation
- Whom would you think are exhibiting at the show?
- Driving around a bend, the tree hit his car.
- Unemployment conditions in the south might be as bad, if not worse than, any in the north.
- President, Bill Clinton, said the incident is a disgrace.
- Bulgarian childrens' food is different than English.
- The packed lunch comprised of sandwiches, cheese and biscuits and coffee.
- To be a good subeditor, one must have patience with PC's and learn to use your eyes.
- The criteria for choosing financial advisors should be independence, not friendliness.
- There are less people using public transport now than ever before.
- The vice chairman wrestled with a six foot man eating shark.
- There were less applicants for the editors job than anticipated.
- Mr Jones said his company has acheived its success in his time as chairman by combining their quality products with inventive internet marketing.
- Their going to hate this
- Its a quiet time for the Rolling stones, though there new album should draw attention.
- Between you and I, Fred's work was better than Jim, who did not even try.
- "Thank's very much", Sheila said, "I never wanted to cause trouble".
- I am the oldest of three boys, but my brothers are already as tall as I.
- The companies profit was lower than planned. So it has put off building a new plant in Shrewsbury.
- Due to bad weather the bus who's driver is always happy, has been cancelled.
- Following the argument, he packed his bags and went even further away
- Tony Blair said he would try and lower inflation.
- The newscaster inferred by his body language that troops had blocked his entry to the country.
- The fire caused extensive damage, but the house was ensured.
- I was surprised to hear that the party transpired twice a week.
- Linux allows users to have greater control over their computers.
- He avoided trouble by walking away from the gang.
- The thief gave police the alibi that he had been suffering from stress.