Thank you for taking the time to read this and for respecting my copyright.
I've invested a lot of time and effort in making my content available for free personal use. By charging for services based on my copyrights, I am able to subsidise the costs of operating my websites. If you have any queries, I'm happy to help.
All material at www.sean.co.uk, JournalismCareers.com and WildMoodSwings.co.uk is copyright ©1984- Sean McManus except where indicated otherwise. All rights reserved.
Commercial use and permissions
You can license most of the material on this website for use:
- On your website, on a CD Rom or on other electronic products
- In a print publication (such as a magazine, brochure or leaflet)
- In product packaging
- In corporate materials
- In merchandising
- For exhibitions
I can customise games to reflect your own website or company themes.
Licences are competitively priced. The price reflects the level of exclusivity you require, the number of reproductions you intend to make, the medium of these reproductions and the amount of material reproduced (or the size of reproduction in the case of photographs).
If you'd like to discuss the opportunities further or would like a quote, please email me without obligation. Please note that you're not allowed to do any of these things without first obtaining a licence.
Summary of personal usage rights
All my work is protected by copyright. Without getting prior permission, you may not:
- Republish it elsewhere, either electronically, in print or on other products
- Distribute print-outs
- Copy content and distribute it privately (eg by email)
- Create derivative works - that includes photo edits, translations, and amendments to programs if you intend to distribute them
- Embed images from this site in your own website or blog
- Take content from this site to republish in your own website or blog or in a print publication
- Submit content from this website to any other website or publication
- Remove any copyright notices in any material here
- Link directly to image files, zip files or other non-HTML files
- Do anything that creates confusion regarding the ownership of work on this site, including framing webpages
I'm not trying to limit your rights - I'm just asserting my own. You are still welcome to:
- Link to any page on this website, provided that my content is neither framed nor embedded within your own site
- Email people a link to this site if you find something you'd like to recommend
- Cite short excerpts of text in your website or blog, provided they are accompanied by a link to the original source
- Cite short excerpts of text in academic work and print publications, provided the source is acknowledged, including the website address
- Print off content from this website for personal use
- Download photographs for use as Windows wallpaper on your own computer
- Ask me about any other uses you would like to make
Please note that these lists may not be exhaustive and do not in any way limit my rights. Please ask if you're not sure - I'm happy to cooperate with people who contact me about their requirements in advance.
Selected scripts are made available for use on other websites for free. Any material that you're free to use on your website is described as such on the relevant page, but this doesn't grant you any rights beyond those described. (While you're welcome to distribute Rainbow, for example, you're not allowed to create derivative works from it).
I do sometimes grant free licences to people who ask me first. That includes occasions where there are significant promotional benefits to me of having the content distributed, or where it is being distributed for educational use.
Unauthorised and unlicensed use
If any material is copied from any of my websites or publications without permission, I reserve the right to seek to recover the full lifetime value of that material from anyone involved in the copyright infringement, irrespective of how long the pirated material is published for, as well as all costs incurred in detecting the infringement and enforcing the settlement. If you are in any doubt about what is and isn't authorised, please email me and I'll be pleased to help.
Why does copyright matter?
If you're interested in why I defend my copyright, see this blog post.