Super Skills: How to Code in 10 Easy Lessons
By Sean McManus
Learn how to code with this great new book, which guides you through 10 easy lessons to build up your coding skills. The skills included here are important for many different programming languages.
As you read the book, you'll build several Scratch games that you can customise, including a quiz game and a platform game where you have to dodge the bugs, leap the gaps and time your jumps to reach the top of the screen.
You'll finish up by making a simple website, learning HTML and CSS, so you can share your hobbies and games.
These are the Super Skills you'll learn as you become a coder:
- Super Skill 1: Understanding Coding
- Super Skill 2: Mastering Your Tools
- Super Skill 3: Getting Your Bearings
- Super Skill 4: Don't Repeat Yourself
- Super Skill 5: Making Decisions
- Super Skill 6: Using Variables
- Super Skill 7: Planning Your Game
- Super Skill 8: Building Your Platform Game
- Super Skill 9: Building Your Website
- Super Skill 10: Styling Your Website
The book features full colour illustrations throughout by Venitia Dean, some of which are shown on this page.
Note that because this book uses the new features in Scratch 2.0 (including cloning sprites and More Blocks), some of the games won't run using Scratch 1.4, including on the Raspberry Pi.